Office of the Research, Innovation and Commercialization
The ORIC office also serves as a conduit to local, regional and federal partners to ensure research results aid the growth of Pakistan’s economy.
Prof. Dr. Ahmad Hussain
Manager Research Operations & Development
Engr. Syed Muhammad Khubaib
In recent millennium global knowledge economy has strengthen the need for strategic partnerships that go beyond their traditional roles as collaborators. World-class research universities are at the forefront of pioneering such partnerships. They are intended to run longer, invest more, look beyond and sharpen the competitiveness of industries, universities and regions. Keeping in view of these challenges, the Office of the Research, Innovation and Commercialization has been initiated at DHA Suffa University.
“The ORIC office also serves as a conduit to local, regional and federal partners to ensure research results aid the growth of Pakistan’s economy“
DIRECTOR ORIC’s MESSAGE
Research That Impact Society
Aim and Purpose of ORIC
- To transform DHA Suffa University towards community centric impact innovation, applied research and entrepreneurship, as per HEC guidelines.
- To play a part in enabling in Pakistan’s transformation to a knowledge-based economy contingent upon innovation and entrepreneurship.
- To link research and commercialization and develop a symbiotic relationship between the local industry, community, and DHA Suffa University.
- To encourage work closely with the researchers and on campus Incubators & S&T Park.
- To work on commercialization of research and helping startups to incubate, grow, create new jobs, products, services, markets by solving existing problems through research and innovation.
- To disseminate information about research funding and industrial problems to faculty members
- To train and equip researchers and faculty members with tools useful for research.
- To maximize the utility of existing facilities by providing services to the industry.
Mission and Objectives
The mission and objectives of ORIC Office comprise: